AEROSOLS, AIR-POLISHING & YOU
- Discuss the assumptions, facts and concerns about dental aerosols
- Explore what level 2 restrictions mean for preventative care
- What is a risk/benefit analysis & how to do it?
- Can GBT be incorporated without aerosols?
- The importance of oral hygiene instructions through a pandemic
- Evaluate the protocols to reduce the risks of disease transmission with the use of air polishing devices
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Tabitha Acret is a dedicated and passionate award-winning Dental Hygienist. She studied a Bachelor or Oral Health at Newcastle University after working as a Dental Nurse and Practice Manager for 10 years and graduated in 2008. Since qualifying, Tabitha has become one of the most sought-after Hygienists and Educators in Australia and internationally with a fast-growing and loyal customer base of patients, dental professionals and media.
Tabitha was previously the National Vice-President for the Dental Hygienists Association of Australia and has volunteered in many roles since graduation for the Association. She also has a passion for educating with students, working as a Clinical Educator at Sydney University and currently works as a Clinical Educator for implant maintenance and non-surgical periodontal therapy. She lectures and writes regularly for both industry and consumer press on motivating patients, implant maintenance and disease prevention and periodontal therapy. Winner of the 2018 Leadership Award in Dental Hygiene and the 2019 Award for Clinical Excellence, Tabitha had dedicated her professional life to continued learning and sharing her passion with the dental community.
Outside of her busy work life of lecturing and working clinically in private practice Tabitha enjoys volunteering both locally and internationally to raise awareness to change the way oral health care is delivered to patients.