Periodontal & Implant Maintenance
Join Dr Devika Iyer for this comprehensive and immersive hands-on CPD course focused on periodontal and implant maintenance!
This comprehensive masterclass is designed to empower the dental team to recognise, monitor and treat periodontal and peri-implant diseases successfully. An evidence-based approach is essential to the management of these conditions. This course will give participants a thorough overview of the current principles of treatment and will include a hands-on element to give participants the opportunity to follow the complete Guided Biofilm Therapy protocol on simulation models.
The latest, research-based strategies and techniques to aid the dentist and hygienist will be examined in detail. The course will also elaborate on the ways to communicate with patients.
- Describe how to assess an implant, know the protocol for probing, monitoring and recognising the signs of a failing implant
- Identify the difference in periodontal diseases and peri-implant diseases to master disease diagnosis
- How to use GBT to help manage and treat periodontal and peri-implant diseases
- Have hands-on experience using AIRFLOW®, PERIOFLOW® and PIEZON® on simulation models
- Understand how to provide greater comfort to patients during clinical procedures and home care
- Understand the complications that can occur with perio and implant treatment and learn techniques to minimize potential complications
- Develop further understanding of referral pathways and when to refer
- Dr Devika IyerPeriodontistDr Iyer has a continued passion for surgery and periodontics. She graduated from the University of Melbourne in 1992 and commenced her practice Grandstand Dental Care in 1998 with a strong periodontal focus. Dr Iyer has been surgically placing and restoring implants for many years after receiving formal training in Implant Dentistry with the Australian Society of Implant Dentistry in 2005, her Masters in Oral Implantology from Frankfurt University and a Masters in Periodontics from the International Medical College Germany. She is also a Diplomate at the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (DICOI, USA). Dr Iyer has a real passion for working with patients to achieve the best possible comprehensive outcomes. She offers a range of solutions to help them from full arch dental rehabilitation using 4 to 6 dental implants, sinus lifting procedures, complex cosmetic and periodontal procedures, various non-surgical and surgical procedures including periodontal grafting and the use of Platelet-rich fibrin in the use of periodontal regeneration.