Periodontal & Implant Maintenance
Join Periodontist Dr Sal Shahidi for this comprehensive and immersive hands-on CPD course focused on periodontal and implant maintenance!
This comprehensive masterclass is designed to empower the dental team to recognise, monitor and treat periodontal and peri-implant diseases successfully. An evidence-based approach is essential to the management of these conditions. This course will give participants a thorough overview of the current principles of treatment and will include a hands-on element to give participants the opportunity to follow the complete Guided Biofilm Therapy protocol on simulation models.
The latest, research-based strategies and techniques to aid the dentist and hygienist will be examined in detail. The course will also elaborate on the ways to communicate with patients.
- Describe how to assess an implant, know the protocol for probing, monitoring and recognising the signs of a failing implant
- Identify the difference in periodontal diseases and peri-implant diseases to master disease diagnosis
- How to use GBT to help manage and treat periodontal and peri-implant diseases
- Have hands-on experience using AIRFLOW®, PERIOFLOW® and PIEZON® on simulation models
- Understand how to provide greater comfort to patients during clinical procedures and home care
- Understand the complications that can occur with perio and implant treatment and learn techniques to minimize potential complications
- Develop further understanding of referral pathways and when to refer