Info Coming Soon
The AIRFLOW® Prophylaxis Master is EMS’ latest innovation for optimal performance application of the “Guided Biofilm Therapy” (GBT).The device is built to cater for the 3 core GBT treatments AIRFLOW® + PERIOFLOW® + PIEZON®, thus providing a comprehensive solution for prophylaxis and periodontal treatment.
- Significantly lower powder consumption
>> AIRFLOW® Handy 3.0 or 2+ consume over 80% more powder than the AIRFLOW® Prophylaxis Master.
- Versatility & safety
>> It’s important to be able to adapt powder settings based on the condition of a patients’ soft and hard tissues, the amount of plaque deposit, the type of stains and the powder and the handpiece in use (AIRFLOW® or PERIOFLOW®). The AIRFLOW® Prophylaxis Master has a built-in regulator that allows the user to deliver a precise and constant amount of powder and water for a superior clean. There is no regulator on the Handys.
- Less frequent refilling of the powder chamber due to a larger capacity
>> Up to 6 GBT treatments without refilling the powder chamber!
- Higher patient comfort due to adjustable water temperature
Weight: 5kg max. (full operating condition)
Height: 245 mm
Width: 260 mm
Length: 290 mm
Diameter: 135 mm
Height: 35 mm
Weight: 0.35kg max.
The device has to be used in a temperature between 10 and 35 °C, humidity between 30 and 75% and an altitude maximum of 2000m.
The device has to be stored in temperature between -10 and 30 °C with no water inside, humidity between 10 and 95% not condensed and pressure between 500 and 1060 hPa.
- Water: pressure 2-5bar, temperature 10-30°C, salinity 0.2% max., hardness from 8 to 12°dH, minimum flow-rate 100ml/min, RECTUS 20KA connector type. EN-1717 compliant water network/inlet is required.
- Air: pressure 4.5-7bar, dry-only (humidity 1.032g/m3 max.), oil filtered 0.1mg/m3 max., minimum flow-rate 20 Nl/min at 4.5bar, RECTUS 21KA connector type
- Water: min. 40ml/min. for AIRFLOW®, min. 30ml/min. for PIEZON®
- Air: max pressure 5bar for AIRFLOW®
The lifetime of the PIEZON®, Water and Night Cleaner Bottle is 5 years.
The lifetime of the AIRFLOW® / PERIOFLOW® / PIEZON® Handpiece is 1000 sterilization cycles.
The lifetime of the Combitorque® is 1000 sterilization cycles.
Installation & Settings
- TURNING ON:
Press the button above the powder chamber. The device goes into operating mode.
- TURNING OFF:
Press the button above the powder chamber. The device reverts back to standby.
Yes, it does.After 1 hour of inactivity, the unit switches to off-mode standby.
Place your finger in the groove below the numbers to adjust AIRFLOW® air pressure:
- 0 = water only, blue indicator
- 10 = maximum
The unit is equipped with NO PAIN® technology which provides an adaptive response in function according to the load applied to the instrument.
Both the PLUS and CLASSIC powder chambers have an integrated dynamic pressure regulator that automatically set the optimal pressure range for the selected powder chamber and related powder type.
When you receive your new machine, all you need to do is insert the two (2) AA lithium batteries into the wireless pedal and your device is ready to work.
Press the edge of the pedal for normal operation.
The Foot Pedal is deactivated when both handpiece cords are placed in their holders.
» Only on the Wireless Foot Pedal
Press hard on the centre of the Wireless Foot Pedal in order to activate power boost.
For easy boost activation: leave the foot on the pedal and put the heel up.
The Clip+Clean shall be previously cleaned and disinfected before use.
Non-disinfected Clip+Clean may contaminate the device.
The Clip+Clean can also be used as a bottle cap, on the PIEZON or NIGHT CLEANER bottle, to protect bottle connector from external ingress when the bottle is not used.
Handpieces & Instruments
All EMS handpieces are reusable but need to be reprocessed: cleaned, disinfected and sterilized.Not reprocessed handpieces and accessories may cause bacterial or viral infections.
Check the tip length and tip thread through the cover right folder of your Quick Guide.
If tip extremity is in the red area, it can have excessive and uncontrolled vibration, meaning it's time to replace the tip.
Before each use, make sure the nozzle is correctly attached >> The nozzle must be fully inserted.
Do not use the nozzle in case of doubt that package seal was broken, or that package or product is damaged.
Disconnect the cord and the handpiece from the device. Remove the nozzle as shown in the image below.
Powders & Powder Chambers
We recommend using PLUS Powder for 90% of all cases. Whether it's to remove biofilm and medium/light discolourations or to remove biofilm from pockets down to 4mm as well as from deep periodontal pockets on both natural teeth and implants.CLASSIC Powder is a 'sometimes' powder. You should use the CLASSIC Powder only for heavy stain removal as it is much bigger in grain size (40µm) compared to PLUS Powder (14µm) and remember it can only be used supragingivally.
- The PLUS powder chamber is designed for the PLUS Powder. This powder can be used for supra and subgingival treatments.
- The CLASSIC powder chamber is designed for the CLASSIC Powder. This powder can only be used for supragingival treatments.
All powders have to be stored in a temperature of ....The powder should not be stored close to any heat sources.
A white light illuminating the powder chamber will turn on when pressurized. During chamber depressurization, the AIRFLOW® cord will automatically purge and the white light will turn off at the end of the process.Entering Standby Mode: The powder chamber depressurizes automatically.Powder chamber depressurization may take up to 10 seconds to complete. During this time, it is recommended that you leave the AIRFLOW® Handpiece in its holder with the nozzle facing down to avoid spraying the purged air and residual powder upwards.
- Rinse away any surface soiling on the product with a cleaning agent
- Rinse the AIRFLOW® handpiece through the lumina in the normal direction of flow (no back rinsing) using a disposable syringe filled with distilled/ deionized water and the EasyClean instrument (3 times, 5 seconds each)
- Disassemble the PIEZON® handpiece – metal cap, LED light diffusor. Check the transparency of the LED diffusor
- Disassemble the Endochuck file holder – metal cap, O-Ring
Both thermal and chemical disinfection are suitable. Remember to check the compatibility of the chemical disinfectant. DO NOT use ultrasounds.
- Rinse the AIRFLOW® handpiece through the lumina in the normal direction of flow (no back rinsing) using a disposable syringe filled with distilled/deionized water and the EasyClean instrument (3 times, 5 seconds each)
- Blow dry the handpieces both externally and internally - DO NOT use compressed air inside the handpieces (max 3 bars)
- Place inside a sterilising pouch for sterilisation
Maximum sterilisation temperature 138°C
Sterilisation time at least 3 minutes at 132/134°C (fractional pre-vacuum procedure)
Sterilisation at 134°C for a maximum of 20 minutes is permissible
The Easy Clean tool can be thermally disinfected and also sterilized at up to 135°C in the autoclave.
AIRFLOW® is contraindicated with patients with severe or unstable upper respiratory tract infections, chronic bronchitis/asthma.
You can use the PIEZON® technology as an alternative.
PERIOFLOW® is contraindicated with patients with severe or unstable upper respiratory tract infections, chronic bronchitis/asthma. You can use the PIEZON® technology as an alternative.
PERIOFLOW® is also contraindicated with pregnant and breastfeeding patients and patients with severe inflammation and/or osteonecrosis. You can use AIRFLOW® PLUS Powder and PIEZON® PS Instrument as an alternative.
PIEZON® is contraindicated with patients with a cardiac pacemaker, defibrillators and any implantable electronic devices. You can use AIRFLOW® PLUS Powder as an alternative.
The AIRFLOW® CLASSIC Powder is contraindicated with low-salt diet patients. You can use AIRFLOW® PLUS Powder as an alternative.
The flavoured AIRFLOW® CLASSIC Powder is contraindicated with patients allergic to flavour aroma. You can use AIRFLOW® CLASSIC neutral, PERIO or PLUS Powders as an alternative.
The AIRFLOW® PLUS Powder is contraindicated with patients allergic to chlorhexidine.
Warranty & Servicing
Check our authorized Service Centers.
Do you have a question for Tabitha?
Whether you are interested in learning more about Guided Biofilm Therapy and the AIRFLOW® Dental Spa or have been using it for some time now but still require some information, simply post your question and Tabitha will answer you 🙂