Ultrasonics and Posture
Gaining the confidence to use your Ultrasonic effectively, efficiently, and comfortably.
Anytime an instrument is used over and over, there is a risk for repetitive stress injuries, however, it is possible use ultrasonic scalers that is safe for both clinicians and patients. In this stimulating webinar, Deb Hume will discuss how positioning and ergonomics for ultrasonic use will provide stress free, safer and more time efficient appointments.
- Calculus and the options available to remove hard deposits
- Types of power scalers available and their modes of action. Not all ultrasonic work in the same way!
- The integration of ultrasonic instrumentation into clinical protocols – when should we be using them?
- How to reduce muscle stress and pain and improve patient comfort through correct operator posture and ultrasonic use
- The clinically appropriate tips for use in individual cases and the sequence they should be used
About the Speaker
Deb is a Dental Hygienist with a Grad Dip in Restorative Dental Hygiene (Canada). She has worked in a variety of health care settings over the past 30 years in both hospital and private practices providing care in general dentistry, periodontics, orthodontics, TMJ and facial pain as well as medically compromised patients.
Deb holds a Cert IV TAE and is a qualified clinical supervisor and lecturer in Melbourne. She has provided training nationally to Oral Health Professionals in assisting their patients to QUIT smoking and is currently studying for her Masters in Clinical Teaching.