Webinar > Implant Maintenance / Periodontology
Blowing away the Biofilm from Titanium
Clinical and Research Experience in the Management of Peri-Implantitis
Speaker: Prof Alessandro Quaranta
About the Webinar
Peri-implantitis has been defined as an emerging public health issue. According to recent scientific data and depending on the clinical and radiographic criteria that are adopted, it can affect from 20% to 40% of subjects restored with dental implants.
Join Prof Quaranta for this exclusive Swiss Dental Academy online webinar focusing on the main procedures to diagnose, prevent and manage peri-implantitis, and peri-implant mucositis that is widely considered its precursor.
Special emphasis will be placed on the assessment of the diagnostic factors, systemic and local risk factors, and the non-surgical and surgical management of both peri-implant mucositis and peri-implantitis. Proper planning of implant surgical and restorative factors, will also be discussed.
- Peri-implant tissues in health and disease
- Peri-implantitis: the problem and the numbers
- General and Local Risk Factors/Indicators
- How to prevent peri-implantitis: treatment plan, surgical and restorative factors
- Clinical assessment and supportive therapy of peri-implant tissues
- AIRFLOW®: the game-changer, clinical and research aspects
- Treatment of mucositis and prevention of peri-implantitis
- Treatment of peri-implantitis
Prof Alessandro Quaranta
Professor Alessandro Quaranta is the Chief Clinical Consultant and Scientific Education Coordinator at the Smile Specialist Suite, Newcastle NSW and Professor of Dentistry at the School of Dentistry at Polytechnic Marche University, Ancona, Italy.
Over the years, Prof Quaranta has actively conducted research in the broad fields of peri-implant tissues, post-extraction implants, bone to implant interface, alveolar ridge preservation, implant surfaces, immediate loading, non-surgical periodontal therapy and systematic reviews in Implant Dentistry and Periodontology.